SGF to MemopadScreenshots
SgfToMpa.zip (v1.04 from 2004-04-19, ~200K)
- You want a link to this page?
use this simplified URL: http://www.gomasch.de/sgftompa
- 2005-12-06: tests showed it works with Palm Desktop 4.1.4 too
- 2004-04-19: NEW VERSION 1.04:
imports now 4k+ .sgf files too; (they are automaticly split into smaller chunks, PilotGone will rejoin them)
What does it do ?
This is a tool for go players who use the program PilotGone
to view go games on their palm. PilotGone reads these in the fileformat
SGF from single memos from the memopad application which comes with the
The problem is how to get many SGF files from your PC into your
palm, or more precisely how to get them into the Palm Desktop. The
simple but stupid solution is to open the SGF file into an editor, copy
everything to the clipboard and paste it into the Palm Desktop
Application (and synchronize your palm). If you do this with many SGF
files it becomes a really frustrating work.
This program gives you a little shortcut: it can create "Memopad
Archive Files" (.mpa). These files are normally created when you export
memopad items with the Palm Desktop. The Palm Desktop can also import
these .mpa files - so if you want to get many .sgf-files onto your
palm, use this program.
- runs under Windows 98 - XP
- writes .mpa files which can be imported by the Palm Desktop Application 4.0 and 4.1.4 (i used this .mpa file format description)
- can add .sgf files via drag'n drop from Windows Explorer to the list of files
- is freeware
- Only tested with Palm Desktop 4.0 and 4.1.4 for Windows.
- NO WARRANTY - USE AT YOUR OWN RISK !!
- Add SGF files to the list
- by pressing "SGF-Files"-"add" in the menu or
- via drag'n drop from Windows Explorer
- Save as a .mpa file,
this file now contains all the sgf-files
- Start Palm Desktop (Windows)
goto Memopad, do File->Import
and import this new .mpa file
- Synchronize your palm